Understand how Greenwich Students' Union is operating in the current lockdown restrictions.
At the end of March we outlined our plans to further support students on campus. This included the reopening of our Welcome Desks across all three campuses.
The government has now said that the return of face-to-face teaching cannot resume until May 17th at the earliest, this does mean that many students are not being encouraged to come back to campus. You can read the GSU Officer's statement on this news here.
Further updates and changes now include:
- The multifaith prayer space in Greenwich & Avery Hill is open for individual prayer. Social distancing and room capacities will apply (information is supplied at the entrance of the room). Faith spaces at Medway are still being discussed. Read our article on Covid-19 and Ramadan here.
- Our beautiful green spaces around each campus have plenty of outdoor seating for you to come together safety and the blue barriers at the Maritime campus have now been taken down.
- Through GSUmove you can enjoy a host of sessions at Avery Hill such as Tennis and HulaFit. Virtual sessions will continue to be available.
- Through Team Medway Social and Give it a Go at Medway, you can enjoy a host of sessions including crafts, wellbeing, sport and student group activity. Virtual sessions will continue to be available too.
- University Gyms are open at Avery Hill and Greenwich campuses for you to get some exercise which is proven to help with wellbeing and exam stress. Find out more on the Avery Hill and Greenwich campus gyms article.
- Team Greenwich activity and training can take place both indoor and outdoor following individual NGB guidance – just talk to the Activities Team to find out more.
- GSU Awards season will take place online including the Activities Awards and the Student Led Teaching Awards. This will be streamed on our YouTube Channel.
- The Advice Teams at both GSU and GKSU are continuing to hold virtual appointments for any students who require support – check out the websites for details on how to book. For GSU Advice click here, for Medway advice click here.
- The Lower Deck Bar is open from May 17 for private hire only - book here. Student groups will be allowed to book this space. We are also recruiting student staff for our reopening - apply here.
- The Student Hub at Medway is open from 10am – 4pm Monday to Friday. Alternatively you can email email@example.com with any questions.
- Keep on eye on the GKSU and GSU What’s on pages for more details on what’s available at a campus near you.
- Libraries on each campus, Wren at Avery Hill, Drill Hall at Medway and Stockwell Street at Greenwich will continue to be open so that you can access resources and study.
Drill Hall Library will be advertising their events too, and currently remain open for use. The Archibald Hay Mess café is closed although vending machines are available. Applications and entrance to External Access Scheme members, guests and visitors is currently Suspended.
Their opening times are 9am-9pm on weekdays and 9am-5pm on weekends. Last entry to the Library is 15 minutes before the published closing time.